Sunday, December 18, 2011
Ive decided to write a little book. Its called Darcy and its about a girl living in San Francisco during the 1950s. I will let you read the blurb. Here it is, and you may or may not let me know what you think:
Darcy Orlowe was a frail and faultless girl living in San Francisco, California during the early 1950s. She lived with her parents Grace and Ernest Orlowe, Mrs. Orlowe being a well respected professor at the San Francisco College for the Arts, and Mr. Orlowe being one of the brilliant minds behind many advertise- ments for popular beverages during that time. They lived in an extravagant three story modern home, custom made by the Orlowes themselves. They lived at the very top of the hill overlooking the wealthy neighborhood of Eureka Valley. With all this and more, Darcy was quite a decent girl. She was quiet, she was polite, her parents loved her very much, and she had an exceptional cuteness. You could say Darcy had it good, and if you met her she didn’t seem like the snobby rich type at, while her parents were just that. Darcy did well in school and had two very good friends by the names of Mossie and Daniel. Mossie told of how Darcy liked to write, “She wrote a poem about my kinky orange hair. I enjoyed it a lot.” And Daniel was her neighbor, he was fairly quiet as well, but they got along like you couldn’t imagine. He could tell you anything about her, but probably not everything. "Darcy was the nicest girl I know, and that would be your thought if you met her." As you can see, Darcy seemed to have a nice little life, so no one knew what the real problem was, nor did they even know a problem existed. With Darcy, there are many details and things left out. She was not an open book, which is why this that I’m attempting is difficult. So maybe only Darcy knew about this problem that had become in her life. Whatever it was, in her eyes it was larger than ever. She wanted out, and it started to become very obvious.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011
- Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
- Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
- Both were shot in the back of the head in the presence of their wives.
- Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
- Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
- Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
- Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
- Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
- Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
- Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran
and hid in a theater.
- Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
Posted by Fifi Perkins at 5:14 PM